This page provides information about who we are and the legal terms and conditions that may apply to your use of brothermax.com and any product purchase from us.
If you want to ask us anything (whether about our products and services, this website, any of our terms and conditions or otherwise), then please contact us on email@example.com.
The Website Terms apply to your use of the Brother Max website at www.brothermax.com (the "Website") and to any of our social media pages. The website terms apply regardless of how you access the website, including any technologies or devices by which Brother Max makes the website available to you at home, on the move or in store. You must read these website terms carefully, and we recommend that you print and keep a copy for your future reference. By accessing, browsing, using, registering with, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these website terms in their entirety. If you do not agree to these website terms in their entirety, please do not use this website or any of the social media pages owned by Brother Max Trading Ltd.
You may only use this website for lawful purposes and you may not use it in a way that infringes the rights of anyone else or that restricts or inhibits anyone else's enjoyment of the website. You are not permitted to do anything which may disrupt in any way the operation of our web site and services, nor are you permitted to do anything which would disrupt the use and enjoyment of our web site and our services by any other user.
Other than as expressly permitted, by us in writing, you are not permitted to use our website to engage in any commercial activity of any form. We may be entitled at our discretion to refuse or remove anything which is transmitted to, from or via or posted on our website which, in our opinion, is objectionable or otherwise does not comply with these terms and conditions. We will not be liable at all for doing this. We may record, preserve and disclose anything which has been transmitted to, from or via or posted on our website and the services, where required by law or where we are acting in good faith.
We own or are licensed to use all intellectual property rights (including all copyrights, patents, images, videos, content, logos, colours, writing, rights in design, trademarks, domain names and trade secrets) in connection with and in all versions of the website and our services, the software we use to operate the website and services and any data (including data obtained from you during the registration process) generated by users of the website and services. You are not permitted, except where expressly authorised to do so, to change, copy, store, publish, rent, licence, sell or distribute in any way any of these intellectual property rights.
When you transmit or post any material to or on our website, you grant to us non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty free licence under your copyright and other intellectual property rights to use or display or distribute that material in any way without any duty at all to account to you.
All of our products have a one year guarantee from day of purchase, only valid with your itemised physical proof of purchase shown for all and any Brother Max products. Brother Max Trading Ltd will deem goods to be faulty where a manufacturing fault occurs within a year of purchase where proof of purchase can be shown. These faults can only be deemed by Brother Max's Quality control department. Any items that are damaged as a result of wear and tear are not considered to be faulty. Should you consider your product faulty we ask that you provide proof of purchase(Showing: date, time, product name, price and store), description of the issue, an image of the product, the batch code located inside the battery case (only if a Thermometer), your contact details and address for inspection by our Quality Control department. If the product is found to be faulty by the Quality control department and proof of purchase is valid within 1 year, we will attempt to replace the part needed only. If we cannot fulfil this replacement, we will look into other ways to go about it. Some replacements may take up to 12 weeks to recieve if we are out of stock so please bear with us during that time.You will only recieve a suitable replacement if the product is deemed to be a manufacturing fault from our Quality Control Team and within our one year warranty as shown by your itemized proof of purchase (date, time, product name, price and store). If you believe your Brother Max product to be faulty within 12 months of purchase, please contact our Customer Services department via the contact form here. Your UK statutory rights are not affected. If any of the Brother Max products have been tampered with, opened, replaced, changed, this automatically voids any warranty valid no matter how long or little is left.
The GDPR is an EU privacy law that will take effect on May 25, 2018. It will regulate the treatment and use of personal data belonging to EU citizens. Below is How we gather, use and protect any information that you give to us when you use our website.
Your contact information including an email address.
Information obtained from your social media profiles registered with us.
Information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
Identification of your past and current visits by finding and using cookies residing on your machine.
The data you share with us is used only to to deliver an expected service. If you register with us, you will necessarily be supplying us with information which we can use to identify you for future logins.
We may provide, or third parties may provide links or other websites or resources. These are provided purely as a matter of convenience and we do not endorse the contents of those websites. We are not responsible for the availability of these websites, nor will we be liable in any way for any loss or damage which you may suffer by using those websites. If you decide to access linked third party websites you do so at your own risk.
1. Your use of the website and our services is at your sole risk. The web site and services are provided on an as is and as available basis. We expressly disclaim all conditions of any kind, including but not limited to conditions of title, fitness for a particular purpose, satisfactory quality and non-infringement of proprietary or third party rights
2. To the extent that it is lawfully possible to do so, we make no warranty that (a) the website and our services and/or any information will meet your requirements, (b) your access to and use of the services will be error-free, (c) any errors or inaccuracies will be corrected. Further, if your use of the website results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, this will not be at our risk and expense;
3. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you through or from the website or from our services will create any warranty not expressly stated in these terms and conditions.
4. Creating an Account/ Signing up to max's club: When you create an account we may provide you with and/or ask you to use passwords or other means to allow you to access certain areas of the website and/or to maintain your account security. It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password and account information. Brother Max shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your password or account.
5. Indemnity: You agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands (including any legal fees incurred in connection therewith) resulting from your misuse of our web site or your breach of these terms and conditions. We will notify you promptly of any such claim, action or demand and will assist you as may be reasonably necessary providing you meet our costs and expenses (including our legal fees).
6. Limitation of Liability: To the extent that we are lawfully able to do so, we will not be liable for any claims, losses and/ or damages of any nature resulting from: (a) your use or inability to use the website; (b) the services we provide (except where we expressly state that we have responsibilities or liabilities in these terms and conditions) or other terms and conditions that relate to our other goods and/ or services we provide; (c) unauthorised access to or alterations of your transmissions or data; (d) statements or conduct of any third parties.
7. Information and advice: While every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained within the website, emails, direct mail and all other materials relating Brother Max and Max’s Club, no responsibility can be accepted for errors or omissions in articles or advertisements. Contributors' opinions are not necessarily shared by the publisher or Brother Max. Information and prices are correct at the time of going live online and may be subject to change.
The information provided by our experts is intended for educational purposes only. Neither the expert nor Brother Max can be held responsible or liable for any loss or claim arising out of the use, or misuse, of the suggestions made in emails and messages relating to Brother Max or Max’s Club. As our experts do not know your specific circumstances, they are not suggesting any specific course of action for you to follow. If you have concerns about your health, the health of your child, or the health of someone you know, please consult with your doctor or other healthcare professional for individual health and medical advice.
8. You agree that in no event will our liability arising out of or in respect of these terms and conditions exceed £UK 1,000 and that in no event will we be liable for any loss of profits, goodwill, loss of business, loss of data or any other indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, whether or not arising from any negligence on our part.
9. Use and Storage: We may establish general practices and limits concerning the use of the website and the services we provide, including limits to the size or number of e-mail messages you send or the time that messages may be stored or posted on our web site. We are entitled to delete any material at any time and we will not be liable in any way for deleting or failing to store or post any material which you may transmit to us.
10. Suspension and Termination: We may in our sole discretion suspend and/ or terminate registration or use of our website or our services at any time and we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any loss or damages suffered on account of such suspension and or termination. Typically, we would only do this where you have not used our services for some time or if we believe that you have acted inconsistently with those terms and conditions. However, there may be other reasons why we would suspend and/ or terminate.
11. Trademark Information: Brother Max, the Brother Max logo, Simple Clever Ideas and Inspired by family are registered trademarks belonging to Brother Max Trading Ltd. You agree not to display or use any of these registered trademarks in any manner.
If any of these terms and conditions are found to be invalid then that provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which shall remain fully enforceable. No waiver by us of any term shall be deemed to be continuing or shall be deemed to be a waiver of any other term.
You are not permitted to reproduce, sell or exploit for any commercial purpose any part of the website or our services. These terms and conditions will be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.